University of Michigan-Dearborn, Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, & Minor in Communication
Design Communications Intern – Rocket Central
November 2021 – April 2022
- Developed an internal communications strategy to improve Design Team-wide communication.
- Created & launched a newsletter called “Design Team Biweekly Update Email” to increase visibility within the Design Team.
- Established a communication cadence for Design Team-related communication needs.
- Contributed to the development & execution of campaigns across various digital & social media channels.
- Created social content for Twitter with a goal of increasing engagement within the design community & to generate demand for design careers at Rocket Central.
- Managed social media planning for @RocketDesign Twitter account through Hootsuite.
- Maintained strong social media & brand presence on Twitter & increased followers by ~42%.
- Utilized social media management tools like Hootsuite to plan content, manage streams, & engage with Twitter community.
- Created a Twitter hashtag #RocketDesignTeamMemberSpotlight to showcase design team members.
- Created strategies that balance thought-leadership, positioning, & messaging that advance & enhance design awareness with internal & external audiences.
PR/Marketing Intern – The Borgen Project
August 2021 – November 2021
- Engaged in research and outreach activities to develop targeted communications and marketing techniques that mobilize constituents to contact Congress about global poverty issues.
- Developed a media outreach strategy and pitched ideas to print, broadcast, and digital media outlets.
- Created and implemented a fundraising strategy (raised $500+), helping support key poverty-reduction bills.
- Built a branding campaign around civic engagement. The topic was “Contacting Congress,” with a mission to engage people to contact Congress about poverty-reduction legislation.